Pages

Mission

“In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.” (John 1:4 ESV)

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Bless This House

by Macy Johnson
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”
(Proverbs 16:3 NIV)


Bible verses are inscribed on the wooden frames of our new house. God’s words above doorways and windows, hidden under sheet-rock and paint, remind my husband and me who the ultimate property-owner is.

Our new home took 3 years, 3 sets of drawings and 3 builders to complete. We had our plans, our timetable, but God had something better in mind.
 
“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
(Proverbs 19:21 NIV)

I grew up near the water. Relocating to Birmingham in 1992 forced us to leave behind our beloved Catalina 22 sailboat. Five years later we invested in a pontoon boat to enjoy Alabama lakes. A weekend place on Lake Martin and twin jet skis soon followed. Unpacking boxes in Georgia in 2009, I declared, “no more vacation homes!”

The internal battle was lost five years later. I created a spreadsheet of more than one hundred properties to check out on Lake Sinclair, an hour away. Then a place closer to our Morgan County home popped up on the internet. On that same street appeared a “For Sale” sign on a property not listed on the world-wide-web. When I inquired about this unadvertised waterfront lot on Lake Oconee’s north end, our realtor explained, “That place is not for sale.”

She was wrong. It was for sale. God prepared it for us. We moved into the cabin on the lot, sold our house in Madison, and built an attached, minimal main house. God puts His desires in our hearts and then fulfills them in His way, His time.

I will commit my plans to our Heavenly Father and trust Him to provide and bless beyond my wildest imaginations! I hope you will, too!

2 comments: